Vassar’s Main Building was completed in 1865, and at that time housed almost the entire college. Still an important campus hub, the Main Building includes administrative offices and residences, and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1986. After CVM completed roof repairs to prioritized areas and slate and copper accessories, Vassar requested the development of a replacement program for the central roofing areas adjacent to the dome. CVM first performed a site survey to determine if conditions had deteriorated since the initial repairs, and then designed and implemented the replacement program.
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY