Vassar College, Ely Hall Computer Center Windows

Constructed in 1890 and originally known as Alumnae Gymnasium, Ely Hall was built to improve Vassar’s student recreation facilities, which were then out-of-date compared to other Seven Sisters schools. A rapid rise in enrollment through the early 20th century rendered the space inadequate, and in 1933, after the construction of a new athletic building, the building became the home of the Geology Department, and was renamed Ely Hall. As part of a phased, multi-year envelope restoration program, CVM replaced all wood frame windows and refurbished all steel frame windows in the computer laboratory of Ely, which also houses Vassar’s Geography department as well as a popular multi-purpose space.

Location: Poughkeepsie, NY